Friday, September 16, 2011

A story about wine....

Sixteen years ago, I stood in front of friends, family and God and vowed my love and life to my soul mate, my best friend.  I am truly blessed to have such a supportive, caring husband and father to our children.



Now let me tell you a story about wine.

Our honeymoon was in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  It was the best 4 days ever!  We had such an incredible time with so many memories made there. Cade's Cove, the skylift, shopping, great food!   One of our adventures was the Mountain Winery.  We ended up here mainly because we had arrived in Gatlinburg and realized later that evening that we had absolutely nothing to toast our marriage with, and being a Sunday....well we weren't going to either. 

The Mountain Winery is a fabulous place with endless samples of wine....enough said about that. :)  Well after many drinks, laughter, and just overall fun, we purchased several bottles of wine for our stay in Gatlinburg and to take home. 

Outside of the champagne and wine served at our wedding, the wine from the Mountain Winery was the first and only wine we toasted our marriage with on our honeymoon.

This morning I woke up to a gift bag at my bedside.  Inside this bag was a bottle of  Mountain Winery blackberry wine!!!  Now I'm sure you're thinking..."aww, Clyde drove all the way to Gatlinburg to get a special bottle of wine for their anniversary".

Well, no!  But he did ask a co-worker who was going to Gatlinburg to purchase a bottle for us, and blackberry was one of our favorites while we were there. 

So today has been spent thinking about the wonderful time we had in Gatlinburg.  The laughs we had about mishaps that took place.  The beauty and serenity of Cades Cove.  The peacefulness of the mountains.  And of course the shopping!!  Can't forget the shopping right?

Tomorrow we will break open our anniversary bottle of wine and remember the past 16 years of our marriage.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  None of which I would ever trade for anything in the world.

I love you Clyde! 

Forever and Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment