Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Point of No Return?

    Every road eventually reaches a point of no return. 

     Have I become nothing more than a stranger to you?  The way you looked at me when I spoke, I saw it deep in your eyes.  A smile of acknowledgement, one that is given when we come in contact with someone we really don’t know.  One where we want to say “hi” but don’t wish to continue the conversation.  You shared that smile with me.  It would have been a kind gesture to any common stranger, but not to me. 

     It was disturbing….cold….heartless.

     You moved on.  Sharing affection, joy, and laughter with friends.  It went through me like a knife that you treated me like a stranger, but within seconds became joyous, loving, caring to others.

     It’s evident you are still capable of loving….maybe just not capable of loving me.  And I’m learning to be ok with that.  I have a family to love, and show love to.  I strive every day to never let them feel the way you make me feel….unwanted, unloved, and rejected.

     
The hurt can no longer be mended.  

Apologies are no longer accepted. 

Explanations are no longer believed. 

The part of my heart you currently reside in will continue to shrink until there is no longer a space for you. 

Every road eventually reaches a point of no return....


     I’m traveling on that road now…….

No comments:

Post a Comment